Dear Porsche “In case you care”, We bought our cayenne in 2011 brand new.We had many options to buy but we wanted the best brand.

Unfortunately, we never had a good experience with it. The latest episode happened today April 26, 2017. My wife was driving the car when all the electric system went crazy while she was driving, she finally was able to pull safely on the highway. When she tried to turn off the car, the car didn't respond and she could not remove the key from the ignition.

She continued to drive the car to reach to the closet Porsche dealer. We were told that the ignition switch is bad and need to be replaced. But the bigger surprise when the technician was told by Porsche support that a control need to be replaced in the steering column otherwise the car will be get immobilized. We were told that never happened before according to Porsche.

We asked the dealer to fix it. The car is being fixed at the dealer but my wife is not comfortable driving the car anymore. I don't blame here. But it did not stop there.

I called 1-800 Porsche to alert them that could have been a major disaster on the highway for my family and maybe they need to look into it for the sake of other people. The conversation with "Tracy" from 1-800 Porsche went ok till she said " Unfortunately, if you want to own the brand, you have to be mentally prepared to pay $3000 to fix it on a drop of a hat". That did it for me. I can assure I will never buy the brand again no matter how much I love the engineering of it.

If you care about your brand, you better look into these software issues and maybe you can save someone's life.

Sincerely "You lost a customer today" J.A.from New Jersey

Review about: Porsche Car.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: See full description attached.

Had an Experience with Porsche Cars North America?

Comments